You may have seen our posts on social media over the last few weeks encouraging people to stay safe and stay at home.
We are living in unprecedented times. One day life was normal, the next we are all living in a feature film! It is extremely difficult to understand exactly what is going on and isolation is our only friend.
You must remember to take care of yourselves. We are no use to anyone unless we are well. One of the simplest things we can do is to keep hydrated. Don’t worry about how much to drink, for now just drink more than normal and keep increasing up to 2 litres daily.
The most important thing to remember is to stay safe stay at home and stay positive. Mental health issues such as depression and anxiety are easily triggered, and measures should be put in place to avoid them. Keeping busy is the key.
Start each new day with a plan. It doesn’t matter what the plan is as long as it includes good food, fluids, exercise and rest – not forgetting the odd treat!
Routine is the Key
The first thing to do is to set your alarm for the same time every day. It is important to keep to a routine. Make your bed and get dressed. It is tempting to stay in pyjamas all day but not good for the soul.
After that, make sure you have some activity for each hour of the day. Here are some suggestions:
- Chat with friends on the phone, social media, zoom, Skype or via email.
- Take an online course. Alison.com offers a good range of free courses.
- Excercise. Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi are good for the whole family and there are plenty of classes on YouTube.
- Have a potter in the garden; tidy up ready for summer.
- Try baking. There are many good sites online like BBC Good Food Be sure to steer clear of too many sugary snacks!
There are many more things to do, let your imagination run wild. The most important thing is to stay safe and stay at home.
Don’t forget, if you have an emergency denture repair, call us on 0151 933 1888